Amazing Chocolate Brownie #1

A local bakery turned restaurant, cafe and Bed & Breakfast called The Scholar's Inn Bakehouse is located about six block from your Chocolate Priestess's house.  She visits them at least once a month to hang out with some other creative women she knows and over the course of almost a year of these meetings she'd tried a lot of chocolate baked goods.


This Bakehouse Brownie is a triangle of brownie sprinkled with powdered sugar measuring 5.5 X 4 X 3.5 inches, 1.25 inches thick with sugar covering the bottom. With so much sugar on the top and bottom, I imagined this would be very sweet but it isn’t. Instead there are chunks of chocolate inside and over all a very bittersweet chocolate taste that was amazing. I was very pleasantly surprised by it all and I highly recommend this treat if you l like brownies of a bittersweet nature. Nice and thick but a bit gooy inside just like what I want from a brownie.

What do you want in a brownie?  Does this sound like the sort of baked good you'd be happy to try?

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

mavido79 said…
Sounds amazing. Next time I'm in your fair city, I'll have to try one.
I'm so lucky in that I'm part of women's group that meets at this cafe once a month so I could have this every month. I don't though since we meet on a Friday but I could and that knowledge is often enough for me... Or at least I'm trying to practice what I "preach".