Spice & Vegan Chocolate = Very Nice

Your Chocolate Priestess is never surprised at birthday or major holidays if she is given gifts of chocolate.  Indeed somethings I have to ask my friends and family to not give me chocolate as happened for Valentine's Day 2010 when I have a ton of offerings from chocolatiers around the nation sending me in products especially that last two weeks to reveal to you all.  However I love getting gifts without a reason.  I think that's common to many women and not a few men as well.  Thus when our friend Dr. N gave me this lovely single flavor gift box of chocolates she loves, I was thrilled.

The box was pretty clever in that it must have hidden magnets that let the front flap snap from the rest of the box letting it open as you see above.  Inside were five large pieces of solid dark with colored cocoa butter decorating the top created by a company called Spice Rack Chocolates.  These were an "Earl Grey Tea & Piquant Orange" flavor and as you know from past reviews and Sacraments here on The Chocolate Cult, tea and chocolate can be a tricky mix to make.  Often the tea overwhelms the chocolate or is so faint you'd couldn't identify it as a tea flavor.

That is not true for these.  There was a clear taste of tea, a lovely orange sweetness but that 54% dark chocolate was also very strong.  The flavors flowed back and forth so that in the end after about three bites of one piece I was content with my cocoa buzz and happy about the balance of flavors.  To top that off, there are no dairy ingredients or any animal byproducts so this is great for dairy allergies and for vegans as well.  Thank you, Dr. N, for giving these to me and for letting me share this company with the world.

For all my readers, if you know of a great chocolatier, send them our way and we'll reveal them to the world.  Please do leave comments and let us know what you think of our reviews, our articles, our essays and our philosophy.

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

Cacao-Me said…
go vegan! these sound wonderful. thanks for sharing them.
Thank you, Dr. N, for giving them to me so I could share them with you all.

Thanks for commenting, Cacao-Me.