"Creative Ice Cream Flavor" Day

As mentioned in yesterday's July listing of fun food holidays, today is one of these.  "Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day".  Your Chocolate Priestess will celebrate this after dinner tonight with her entire family as well as use this holiday to celebrate her latest book being successfully sent off to her publisher.

The store we plan to go to is called "Cold Stone Creamery" and they are currently running a contest for creative flavor so check this LINK out.


Updated:  We went out to celebrate tonight because I got good news on another book front as well.  We ended our celebration at the above shop and we each ordered a "create your own" treat.  The White Chocolate Acolyte got a half banana and half oreo milk shake which he sucked down faster than I could take a picture.   The Milk Chocolate Acolyte made the treat on the left above -- sweet cream ice cream, raspberries, cinnamon, and graham crackers in a waffle bowl.  I made the one on the left -- chocolate ice cream, Heath bar pieces, chocolate shavings in a graham sprinkled waffle bowl.

We each loved our creations though I was disappointed that by 7:30pm tonight the shop had only one chocolate ice cream option at all.  I was hoping to do something with a Belgian or dark or even white chocolate base but I had to go with the common simple chocolate.

I'll update this post after we get our ice cream but for now I want you to answer this question.

What is the most creative ice cream flavor or mix you've ever had?  What was in it, did you create it yourself or was it on a shop menu?  Did you make it yourself of buy it somewhere?

Comments

Lick My Spoon said…
I haven't had the opportunity to make it, even when I visited Ben & Jerry's, but a Salted Caramel Ice Cream base, with Swirls of Fig Jam, and Chunks of Chewy Blondies. So I'll settle for my Choc-Work Orange (creamsicle and loads of chocolate bits) or their Milk & Cookies.
Anonymous said…
A toss-up.

Most unique purchased flavor: Laloo Strawberry Darling goat milk ice cream, which features balsamic vinegar.

Most unique made by me: olive oil gelato (made with soy creamer), sprinkled with sea salt.

Both were fabulous.
All these sound very interesting.

The one thing I lack in my kitchen that I wish I had was an ice cream maker.