Klondike Dark Chocolate Bar Review

Your Chocolate Priestess's nearby Kroger supermarket also had the Klondike variety she had been hoping for: Dark Chocolate.  As followers will know, dark is her favorite general variety of chocolate but as I hope you have learned, that covers a wide range of cocoa contents.  I'm not sure how much cocoa content is in these but it isn't terribly high given the lack of any true bitterness in the chocolate shell.  This bar is simply two basic components: light vanilla ice cream and the dark chocolate coating.  I liked this as much as the original flavor but I could definitely taste this was darker just not as dark as some of us might like.  As you can see in the photo the coating was stressed along the borders when I took one bite but over all it was no more messy than most of the other varieties.

One bar has 240 calories made up of 11g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 1g fiber, 22g sugars, 3g protein with 2% iron, 6% vitamin A, and 8% of the calcium an adult needs daily.  At this point in our series of Klondike reviews I noticed that each of these flavors has a unique color on the box and the silver foil wrapper for each bar making it easy to tell them apart.  I even mixed them up to store them in my frozen making it more of a surprise though we have to check for our Milk Chocolate Acolyte's sake.  Our next two reviews will be of the "no added sugar" varieties and their boxes and wrappers are quite different as you will see soon.

Comments