Attune Your Body with Chocolate

Since today is technically your Chocolate Priestess's birthday and this means she'll be doing a lot and eating some rich but also some healthy food, I wanted to do a small Sacrament.  The people from Attune sent me a coupon for a free sample of their "Probiotic Chocolate Bar" which I found at our nearby co-op Bloomingfoods.

The bar was found in a end display with other small yogurt products.  That is because this 20g bar has live yeast cultures that are supposed to support digestive health.  This health claim has been around for some time for yogurt, indeed as a woman I've been told by various doctors that it can help not only my digestion but also my "female parts" shall we say.  That's a big problem because I really, really do not like yogurt at all. The idea then of a chocolate bar I can eat with similar health benefits is very appealing to me.

One bar retailed for $1.29 where I bought it.  One bar is one serving with 80 calories, 3.5g saturated fat, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 1g protein, 4% of your daily iron but 30% of the daily calcium you need.  It is made of 68% cocoa content and has a very deep chocolate scent as soon as I opened the wrapper.  It is 3 inches long, almost 1.5 inches wide and 0.25 inches deep.  There is an etched active figure and the brand name on each of the two sections of the bar.

You should store this in the refrigerator until you eat it to help keep the cultures functioning.  The bar is very solid and makes a strong snap when I take a big.  Immediately there is a burst of dark chocolate bitterness that increases with each chew.  It has a less than smooth texture as well but it also is not grainy so a bit difficult to describe.  While this is only 68% cacao it tastes much more bitter than I would expect so try this if you like the mid-70% level chocolate. 

This is the best tasting probiotic anything I've ever had in my life.  I feel like I'm being bad eating a candy bar but I know that this may be pretty good for me.  So check them out because this could a healthy Sacrament you could use every day to get your chocolate fix and take care of your body.

Comments