Lindt Petits Desserts

Much like the Lindt box of chocolate I reviewed last week, this one also came from the chocolate basket I bought during a Lindt R.S.V.P. party I hosted.  This 7.05oz box of chocolates are called "Petits Desserts" and holds 21 pieces of chocolate in seven different varieties.  As you can see on the box though only five are pictured so the other two I had to figure out by elimination and comparison of the descriptions.

The three Lemon Tarts, three Creme Brulée, and three Tiramisu are not my favorite flavor combinations but they were well crafted, each allowing the chocolate to make it through the other flavors though the coffee in the Tiramisu was much stronger than I had hoped.  The three Millefeuille and the three Meringue are the other two pictured on the box.  The Meringue definitely has a meringue flavor and a crunch but the chocolate is the dominant flavor.  The Millefeuille may have nuts in it given the flavor I'd guess hazelnuts even though those are not listed in the ingredients so be careful if you have tree nut allergies.  That leaves two others to figure out.  The smooth half dome turns out to be the Brownie with hazelnut and walnut brownie truffle inside.  This means the bumpy one is the Macaroon with almond praline and biscuit pieces.

Of these seven varieties my favorite is definitely Meringue because it is the most chocolaty followed by the Brownie. My least favorite is easy to determine: the Tiramisu because it too much coffee flavor for me by far.

Have you ever had these petites desserts?

Comments

Ketutar said…
Hi!
The smooth halfdome is the macaron (or macaroon as they write on the box... Shame on you, Lindt! :-D) and the bumpy one is brownie.
There shouldn't be nuts in Millefeuille (according to Lindt), but there are nuts in the box, so none of those is good for allergic people.
Thanks for commenting, Ketutar.

I'm sticking with my original assessments since this was from 2013 and the chocolates included may have changed. I had to go by what was listed on the box though honestly I wish brands would have photos so it is easy to figure out.