Chocolate Supreme Cocoa Mix

Sisters and Brothers, it's Wednesday and with this time of year it means time for another review of a hot chocolate drink.  Your Chocolate Priestess tried the second flavor from the Kroger Private Selection line of Cocoa Supreme dry mixes: "Chocolate Supreme" flavor.  I bought this during the same sale for 50¢ versus the normal 65¢ price though with the rates the prices seem to be rising at Kroger I wouldn't be surprised if you find it for 70¢ or higher very soon.  Again this has trans fat so if my description sounds delicious to you exercise careful control over how much and how often you have this product.

One 1.25oz envelop = one serving when mixed with 6oz of water.  This does have cocoa in it along with milk but the very first ingredient listed is sugar while the last ingredient is artificial flavor.  This packet has 150 calories, 1g saturated fat, 1.5g trans fat, 115mg sodium, 1g fiber, 23g sugars, 3g protein, 6% Calcium and 2% Iron. 

The cup on this photo to the left must be a very small one because as you will see below what I consider our fairly normal sized mugs, including a Nestle™ bunny mug from my childhood, didn't get very full even though I prepared three packets.  The mix frothed up very nicely when I first mixed it in and the product stayed well mixed as we drank it.  It tasted very milk chocolaty and very creamy at the same time.  I just really wish it didn't have the trans fat.


You have to make your own health choices, Sisters and Brothers, but I won't be buying this brand again after I finish the last two reviews of this product for you all.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments