Chocolate Events in February 2011

So your Chocolate Priestess recently found out about an event she wishes she could attend.  Unfortunately it is on the third weekend in Hermann, Missouri.  While I may go back to visit parents and in-laws in Iowa and South Dakota in March, I'm not foolish enough to try such a trip between December and March.  The event is called The Chocolate Wine Trail and you visit seven stops along a 20 miles stretch where wine is paired with a chocolate dessert.

Apparently this Wine Trail event happens four other times during the year but not with chocolate as the complimentary theme.   The other pairings sound nice as well when I found them listed on grape.com.

Fortunately I can go to another chocolate event to benefit the Humane society of nearby Nashville, Indiana.  The Milk Chocolate Acolyte, also known as my husband, and I have sent in money for two tickets to "Chocolate Chocolate" on February 13, 2011.  Similar to the "Chocolate Walk" this benefits the organization but has more than double the number of chocolate samples in one location.  Sounds like a good way to celebrate Valentine's Day early but I'm making us bring some baggies since I know we will not be able to sample everything.

If you are attending any similar events in February, please leave a comment and let your Sisters and Brothers in The Chocolate Cult know about it. 

Comments

Mary Bergfeld said…
You have become my bible for all that is chocolate :-). This is my first visit here and I enjoyed poking around. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. Ill definitely be back. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary
Welcome, Mary. We try to comment on as many things as we can when we learn about anything chocolate. I hope to try out a few more recipes so I can get a few cookbook reviews done this winter.

My next recipe will be a for a guest post but again I have to find the time to make it. Who knew how busy I'd suddenly get and sadly not all about chocolate either.