Easy Mint Chocolate Brownies

This is one of our rare Recipes here on The Chocolate Cult.  After the failure of trying to make grasshopper pie I wanted to try a mint chocolate again for my family.  I found these Nestle dark chocolate and mint morsels on sell and stocked up on them so I thought perhaps I could make brownies.  But I'm a busy woman, I needed something simple.

I looked in one of the three cookbooks I'm currently trying my way through before I review them for you all and found a recipe for Pecan Brownies (page 83)   Chocolate (Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library) that my brother-in-law gave me for Christmas 2010.  Using this as a basis I created this recipe for Easy Mint Chocolate Brownies.


1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 bag Nestle dark chocolate mint morsels
1 tsp Creme de Menthe
1/2 cup Egg Beaters

See, not many ingredients at all!




I melted the morsels on 80% power for 2 minutes, checking and stirring every 20 seconds or so until it was all chocolate in color with no solid pieces.  I added in the Creme de Menthe and stirred vigorously.  Then I added in the eggs and beat those into the entire mixture was smooth. I shifted in the baking powder and then the flour, about 1/8 of a cup at a time, mixing it all thoroughly. Then I poured it into an 8X8 glass pan I covered with Pam baking spray.

Baked it at 350°F for 32 minutes on the lowest shelf and immediately removed them to cool on the dining room table for about 90 minutes.  Then we cut them and the guy in question who wanted something mint chocolate took a big piece as you can see here in this photo.  He very seriously tasted them and determined they had a good texture, a lot of mint, and a nice chocolate base.

HURRAY!  Finally a recipe correct and I part-way made this one up instead of relying on a celebrity chef.  Note: In general you could substitute any type of baking chip or liquid flavoring and thus create a new type of brownie or blondie.

Comments

Those look soooo darn good! I love mint and chocolate together.
Hehehe... this was a total posting error. It wasn't suppose to be live until Wednesday. But thank you for reading and commenting, VintageSugarcube!
briarrose said…
Oh beautiful brownies....how I want you and your minty glory. ;)

I love those mint & dark chocolate chips. If I had known our store would only carry them for one week I would have stored those bags up like a squirrel...ehehehe.
Thanks, briarrose.

This post went out too early as you can see on the date. I wish folks would check out the Interview with the chocolate painter. That took work to get and it was cool to watch him work live.
Texture is definitely important in a brownie. This looks great!
Hi, Bianca, thanks for reading and commenting. He wanted something not as fudgy as many brownies but definitely not a cakelike brownie. This was somewhere in between.
CakeWhiz said…
I am a big chocoholic so i am very happy to have found your blog :D
And these brownies look healthified without losing any chocolatey goodness. Yum!!!
- abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com
Thanks for commenting and reading, cake. I try to feed my family healthy without going crazy about it. We've split up the baking chips and we're going to try an all dark and an all mint version this weekend but otherwise the same with creme de cocoa for creme de menthe.