National Chocolate Parfait Day and Other May Chocolate Days

Today is "National Chocolate Parfait Day" and I didn't make any because to be blunt, I don't have a special event to serve them at and I think these need to be made and eaten, I don't they last for days and days very well.  What do you all think?  Are chocolate parfaits a special dessert or an any day sort of treat?

We found these sort of chocolate parfait ice creams at our nearby Jiffy Treat.   As you can see they are melting and this problem started with the Peanut Fudge Parfait within moments of my husband receiving it. The one on the left is supposed to be a Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait which I was told by the cashier would be made with chocolate ice cream as well as the chocolate fudge and peanut butter.  Over all we were deeply disappointed by the quality of the service, the information we received and how quickly these overflowed once we received them.  Yes, hot fudge will melt ice cream but you should know that and use a bigger cup or put in less of something.

That's just one day in May that we could use to celebrate our Sacred Substance.  The entire month is "National Chocolate Custard Month" so I'll have to find some recipe or some product to try for you all.  If you have a chocolate custard recipe you'd like me to try, send it my way.

May 5 has two potential chocolate holidays.  First is "National Chocolate Custard Day" -- isn't that a bit of overkill with an entire month all ready?  Second is Cinco de Mayo and cocoa/chocolate can be a part of traditional Mesoamerican foods.  But we celebrated that last year here so I'll look into the custard.

May 11 is "National Eat What You Want Day" which falls on a Wednesday this year.   Show of hands.  How many will pick chocolate something that day?

May 12 is "National Nutty Fudge Day".  I don't normally think of fudge as a spring, summer or fall treat but really a winter candy.  Yet I know of a lot of fudge only shows that operate year round.

May 15 is "National Chocolate Chip Day" and that isn't only for cookies so I wonder what else I can think of for this day?

Finally, the last fun food holiday I could find related to chocolate in May is on the 19th which is "National Devil's Food Cake Day".

Sisters and Brothers, tell me what fun food holidays I've missed that should be added to my calendar.

Comments

Jill Colonna said…
Gosh, so many national foodie days: fantastic! Yes, I put my hand up for chocolatey something on 11 May :-)
Great, Jill! I'm thinking of heading out today to see if I can find some decent chocolate parfait to bring home here for today.
briarrose said…
Mmmm....May...the let the chocolate rain down upon me month. ;)

Chocolate parfait....both special and an every day item in my book. How can it not be special when I love them so....now I must make one.
That's interesting, briarrose. We had a heck of a time finding them and I looked and looked and can't find any chocolate custard. I'm so busy I don't really want to make one. I have a book due on August 1st and all this rain and the water coming into our house.... argh.