November 2013 Fun Chocolate Holidays

For my readers in the USA, Canada, the UK and other places that celebrated Halloween yesterday -- have you recovered?!  Our city/county trick or treating was pushed back a full day because of potentially severe weather. While I'm cool with protecting kids and not having folks out in a storm those people better show up in mass tonight to get this candy out of my house.

Speak of candy and treats in my house starting this Saturday you will need to check The Chocolate Cult out on both Saturdays and Wednesdays at least to see the completely full schedule of Winter Holiday features we have on the schedule.  We'll add in some recipes and interviews as well so keep checking ing.

For those in Indiana, have you gotten your ticket to the Chocolate Walk in Nashville, Indiana, yet?  I'll be off with five others to do the entire event again this year, my 5th of doing it and year 6 of the event itself that benefits the Humane Society of Brown County.  They do a wonderful job of saving pets and finding them home plus with all the walking if you do it right, this can be a fun and not particularly fattening event.

Here's this month's fun food holidays you can celebrate with chocolate.

November 7 = National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day -- another day my tree nut allergic hubby hates

November 11= National Sundae Day; National Pocky Day in Japan -- any new chocolate related flavors of Pocky come out recently that involved chocolate? If so leave me a comment below and let me know.

Mark November 18th on your calendars because we start a very nice GIVEAWAY that day.

November 20 = National Peanut Butter Fudge Day -- cause chocolate could make it better

November 24, 1615 = marriage of Anne to Louis XIII introduces Chocolate to France

November 24-30, 2013 = National Games Month

November 25 = National Parfait Day -- I made one from a cookbook I was sent to review so we'll have a Special Sacramental Review that day.

November 26 = National Cake Day -- there are cakes that aren't chocolate?!

November 27 = National Bavarian Cream Pie Day -- again these generally need more chocolate in my opinion

November 28 = French Toast Day is also Thanksgiving this year in the USA

November 29 = Chocolates Day -- probably supposed to get a box of chocolates but Thanksgiving was just yesterday so I don't want to think about it

November 30 = National Mousse Day

Comments