Ring in the New Year with a Month of Chocolate!

Our monthly feature is on the date today and just in time to call to your attention that the fun food holidays with chocolate start tomorrow!

January 2 = Feast Day of St. Macarius the Younger, 4th century patron of confectioners

January 3 = National Chocolate Filled Cherry Day -- so is this a chocolate with a cherry filling or a cherry stuffed with chocolate?

January 5 = National Whipped Cream Day -- hey I'd made chocolate whipped cream and it is an ingredient in several chocolate desserts

January 6 = National Shortbread Day -- I covered shortbread cookies with dark chocolate ganache for our annual holiday and they were easy and quick to make as well as great tasting

January 8 = National English Toffee Day -- yes, you can (and should) make it with chocolate!

January 10 = Bittersweet Chocolate Day; National Cream Cheese Brownie Day - combine these into one awesome recipe?  Anyone know of one I could try out?

January 19 = National Popcorn Day -- again a little chocolate drizzle is yummy and not too unhealthy depending on how you make the drizzle and how thick you apply it

January 23 = National Pie Day -- you can make pie without chocolate?

January 27 = National Chocolate Cake Day -- I thought this was any day?

January 30 = National Croissant Day -- chocolate croissant done well are heavenly, well means there is more than a tiny strip of chocolate inside

Any other fun food holidays we need to add, Sisters and Brothers?

Comments

elizabeth said…
This post made me curious about St. Macarius, so I looked him up. He gave up selling candy to be a hermit and live on raw vegetables for 7 years! That does sound like an appropriate saint to celebrate during the first week of January.
Isn't it odd then that he's the patron saint of confectioners? I mean, wouldn't his mold be to stop doing that and follow god? Of course, I'm not Catholic so I'm sure I do not understand it all.
Unknown said…
I extremely like your site and its updates!!! These are truly inspiring and invigorating. I would suggest remain keeping by updating us with this sort of highly informative and productive articles in future either.

Social media
Hassan, please do join us on FB or via this site itself to keep following our posts. You can find both on the right hand side as you go down the page.

Thank you so much for the kind words!