Giant Girl Scouts Thin Mint Ice Cream

Did you know that all of July is National Ice Cream Month? It is! Unlike many of our fun food holidays that we celebrate on The Chocolate Cult, National Ice Cream Month was created in 1894 by President Ronald Reagan so it is an official holiday. Even more than that, the 3rd Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day and that is tomorrow! So let's look at another frozen chocolate treat that you might be able to find and use to celebrate tomorrow. I recall Good Humor growing up but beyond a name recognition I don't have specific details about what I may have eaten as a child. I didn't see Good Humor treats around for years and then slowly the brand has showed up in grocery shops near me. Good Humor has two new chocolate varieties this year -- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich and OREO Cone. None of the nearby grocery stores had either of these varieties so I had to travel a bit to try and find them. After exhausting all of the stores in our city and nearby ones, I had to admit defeat. However I did find a variety I had not yet tested so I hope that Good Humor will be content with this feature review. This variety is for their Girl Scout Thin Mint bars. Unilever sent me a coupon for a free box of one of these to test and review; no other form of compensation was received in exchange for this article.

The bars themselves are circular and have a strong mint chocolatey scent. Note that Thin Mints are not circular but these are close. Inside the chocolate coating and inside the chocolate ice cream we can see the bits and pieces of chocolate cookies. Note that this is ice cream so eating it like a cookie is likely to get a bit messy. I just licked my fingers off and used a napkin myself.


The chocolate coating by itself, I peels some away, has a light mint flavor but mostly chocolate, the cookie pieces are crunchy. The ice cream is very creamy chocolate, had a nice mint flavor that adds an extra cooling tingle, and the crunchy cookie pieces. All together this is very delicious and I will need to exercise portion control for my family I fear with these. Sadly we could only find these across town so we probably won't' get them often.


Have you had the Good Humor Girl Scouts Thin Mint ice cream bars before? What did you think of them? If you haven't, and you like Thin Mint cookies, try to find these. Please leave comments to let us know where you find these and other Good Humor products.


Comments